I've put my second biweekly code study out today!
I like how this one turned out. I've taken a classic interactive generative technique, in this case a cloth simulation, and have rendered it in a non-traditional manner.
There's a certain look that has become quite standard for simple generative pieces: Stark black and white, flat, no texture, because the focus is on the generated geometry. Moving past that and developing new visual languages is an exciting way to move forward.
I'm going to try to more regularly put out code studies/demos, with the goal of a regular shipping schedule being a motivator to bring projects to a state of completion. I've set up a page where I'll be putting those studies here.
At the time of this post, I've only got one study done, but I'm going to be targeting a biweekly schedule. Check back for updates!
I did 3 of these before salience shifted elsewhere. So much for the motivational power of public pronouncements.